Paterso4n Silks
Paterson Silks, 14th St. at University Place (1986)

This building with the odd-shaped tower at the corner was the subject of a Christopher Gray "Streetscapes" article in the New York Times 10 April 2005. Originally it was the Crawford Clothes Building (built 1948), and the architect was Morris Lapidus (1902-2001). Gray refers the virtual pilgrim to the Web Site of the Prints and Photographs Division of the Library of Congress for hundreds of additional Lapidus designs.

< previous || next  >      index      map      signs by date      signs by name      see what's new