Shields Fifth Avenue was a men's jewelry outlet. They were located here from the late 1940s until 1957/58. At that time they moved uptown to 401 5th Ave. to the other side of 5th Ave. at 37th St. The business closed in the late 1960s. The name Shields Fifth Avenue, however, continued to be used as a registered trademark by Watchbands Inc. of North Attleboro, Mass.
Harry Middleton of Mack Sign Co. painted this sign in the late 1940s. Bob Middleton worked on it ca. 1955. "No windows, Rough Job to paint" (quoting Bob Middleton). (For more on Mack Sign Co. see the Mack page.)
< previous || next > index map signs by date signs by name